To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Small Mistake


I don't spend so much time watching TV or playing video games, but since my dad fixed our PS2, I have spend hours playing. We have very few games, So the one I play most is Gran Turismo 3. Its the best driving simulator ever! I have spend hours and hours driving winning and fixing cars.

When I completed a whole championship, suddenly, there were four cars being raffled. Incredibly I won, the best, the greatest and the invincible, Gillet. I had never heard the brand of this car, so I went into car dealer. It is a car from Belgium with Formula 1 technology. Wow. It had 429 horse power, and it only weighed 850kilos. For people who don't know about cars, this, was a pretty good one. It didn't weigh anything compared to it horse power, do it made it invincible on the track, and it wouldn't waste so much tires. Best of all, it was powered by Alfa Romeo. It was the best car in my garage.

As I continue. Winning more and more crappy cars, I loved my sweet Gillet to the end. It was great, it was perfect. Even so, what I couldn't stand was that I
completed whole championships and cups, and won these crappy cars. I did a whole World Series and for my pleasure, I won an Audi TT. Yes, it may have two turbos, but they don't even work to blow your hair. Instead, my sister just
completes ten laps in Super Speedway, and she wins a Corevette! I was like, what
the? Then, when I complete 100 laps in the same course, I won a Mitsubishi
Lancer tuned by Nismo. I already had like five of those cars in my garage.
Seriously, it had 300horse power and weighed like 1500kilos. This is equal to: a
very slow and crappy car. Even so, I was happy with my Gillet.

One night, my little sister was playing, so I asked her if could let me. With no doubt, she gave me the control. I completed her track in Beginners League,in World Championship. Just to win money and another car. I felt my Gillet kind of
weird since it didn't hold on in the curves as it used to, and I had to fight with the
car to keep it straight. I told myself the lamest excuse: " maybe in beginners
league the cars are different since you are starting to drive, so it is like this so
beginners learn how to drive how it is". No matter how long the excuse was, it
didn't make any sense. So I thought, "maybe I am driving too bad".

The other day, my big sister was driving. She offered me the control since she kept saying she was driving terribly. Oh, how weird. I continued driving, and again, the car was fighting back. Why? What happened to my car?

When my little sister arrived from school, I asked her if she had done something to the car. " No" she would say firmly. I didn't know to belief her or not, since I was in the middle of a series race and I wasn't able to go back to the garage and see any change in the car. In a way, I would be kind of relieved if she had done something to the car, which meant it wasn't I who was driving terrible. Then, I would be furious be I said clearly like a thousand times " No one dares to touch or tune the car, it id perfect as it is, no one dare to change anything".

Then, my little sister said,
Sister: Is that I had lost for one point the series race, I was so angry so I tuned the car with something
Me: WHAT?
Silence
Me: What did you do?
Sister: I don't know, it was cheap and raised the horse power.
I had just lost a race for the last curve(since I was fighting to keep the car straight)
So I exploded.
Me: FOOL! LOOK AT THIS! YOU RUINED MY CAR!
How many times did I tell you never to touch it? The car was perfect as it wad, and you just go around with no idea just putting things inside. The car was already tuned for racing. It was only on beginner's league!

I was angry. Specially when I finished the race and won another crappy car. I went immediately to the garage. 518horse power. Damn! It was too much for the car. I went back to tuning, but there wasn't anything to be done. Many could say, hey chill, its just a game. It may be a game, but I cant just have the car I had before, and I used it in all the race. There was no turning back, my car was ruined.
What made me so angry was that she didn't even care, worse of all, she didn't even say sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment