To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stormy Night

This happened just at the beginning of April. Opening up a new month full of new and interesting posts ( like if that would happen). April came so fast and so unexpected. I even forgot it was April Fools. Damn. I wanted to do some good jokes. Anyways, as it is over, Ill just have to wait till next year.

So I was on holiday, which was pretty good, not mentioning it was extremely hot were we were and we didn't sleep for three days. We went back to el PeƱon. For my pleasure, the whole family came which meant, being uncomfortable. I can't stand the heat or the people, so it means, a great weekend for me.

Since my grandfather is an old and cranky man, he also hates air conditioning. Since our house, is not really a house, it is meant that the air conditioning should be on, since it is all closed up. But no, my grandfather can't have air conditioning, so we all have to roast in our beds and sweat like cows. Actually, I don't know if cows can sweat.

The scene, my sister and I in a "room" with my mother, father an little cousin, and only one fan. The best of all was, it was broken, and the only air that it would send wouldn't reach anyone. In another room, my other sisters and cousin and aunt. Yet they had two fans, one was broken. In the other room, my uncle and his family with the two fans that worked perfectly, but they were aimed to the door! We asked him what was the problem with him, his answer: it works to blow the mosquitoes away. WHAT! I still don't understand why they don't understand, that just a simple air conditioner is also a mosquito free, besides, at least we could be fresh. In the biggest room, my grandparents, with the window closed, and the fan shut down, and my grandfather with a blanket up to his head.

After two sleepless nights, it was Friday, the day of the crucifixion and it was 3:00a.m. So it was practically Saturday. A storm all night, lights went off and thunders fell at just one km away. Since we had the windows open, we did not only receive the noises, but rain too. And still, with only some air, the storm will have passed away ¨quietly¨.

No comments:

Post a Comment