To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pronunciation Does Matter


Who knew laughing was so dangerous? Especially when you are laughing too much. Laughing is painful. It takes your air away, makes you look like a total idiot, your stomach hurts and it makes you have a headache. Maybe I am weird, but laughing so much does give me a headache.


Since Chinese class is so funny, since my good friend makes everybody laugh. He makes it all more bright, but when both of us are laughing, I cant stop. It is so funny. Once, the teacher was saying:


Teacher: Xie Xie means Thanks.


That was at the whole beginning of the semester, and his English may not be pronounced so well, especially with the word thanks. So we understood a whole different thing such as the word sex. Seriously, he kept repeating it, and we just couldn't stop laughing. We also imitate his most marked words such as


Today we are going to reveal our license.

Translation

Today we are going to review our lesson.


I like pok

Translation

I like pork


Fay thaimple

Translation

For example


It is funnier when it is watched in real life.


It may be so that we laugh of all what he says. Some words in Chinese have a whole meaning that makes it too long. For example: Shark, means, the fish who eats man. Imagine in the beach when suddenly someone shouts:


Help, there is the fish who eats... (eaten)


It is simply too long. By the time you try finishing saying the name, the shark has already attacked you.


Or

I like to eat cow.

Sounds weird?


I even combined some sentences like:


My dog likes to eat the fish who eats man, but he doesn't like to eat cow.

At least we spend some good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment