To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gone With The Wind

Its Sunday, and my weekend felt as if it was all wasted. I know we had Friday off, but still, my weekend went flying away.

It all began since we had a swimming competition. This meant that it would take Friday night and whole Saturday. Even though Friday there was no school, we did have to go to the Three Way Conference. Sadly, my parents didn't buy the story that said "Three" Way Conference. We spend almost the whole morning talking to teachers. Actually, we didn't talk to all of our teachers, but we did take a long time. Fortunately, there were doughnuts. I still regret eating so many of them. Thanks to the conference, we took all of our Friday-free-school in school. Damn.

We arrived home, and what else could we do? Lie down watching TV so we didn't get tired for the great competition. I seriously didn't want to go. It is so long, and time consuming. We also have to compete with girls older than us. It is not cool.

We had to spend our whole afternoon beside the pool, waiting for our turn to swim. It all goes very slowly, especially if you are expecting little kids swim butterfly, or even breastroke.

Saturday, all day in competition. I was so tired. At least the other day I got to beat my personal record in 100mts freestyle. It made me so happy, because it meant I was in a good shape, and maybe in the qualifying tournament I would qualify for the nationals. MAYBE.

What still don't get is, why does my trainer want me to swim in things that I cant do? Example: Backstroke. I am terrible at it. Terrible is a small word for it, I'm horrible! I myself have pity of me while I swim it. I am so bad that I cant even go fast. My time is so high, and I cant go faster. In Medley, everyone takes advantage of me in that particular style. So, I have to kill myself in breastroke, and with my last bits of energy, end it up in freestyle. Those two styles save me form total failure.

Finally, after finishing the whole competition, we remembered. We had a party. A very big party. I was so scared. I hate parties. We had to go to the salon, which I also detest it. There are a lot of angry ladies, who love to criticize, make you feel small and vulnerable, and worse of all, they pull your hair. I had to scratch my nose in order to ignore the pain in the head.

Before getting to the party. I was about to throw myself out of the car. I was really scared! I didn't know how to act, or dance without looking like a complete idiot. I was almost trembling. I would rather be in the competition.

I woke up today at 11:00am. I never had never slept so long in my entire life! I was furious since nobody woke me up a little earlier. Now my whole day would be much shorter. Anyways, nothing much happened today. I had to spend the rest of the day in the house, since everyone came to have lunch at 4:00pm. Seriously, who has lunch at that hour. Only my great family, the ones that love uncomfortable, and the ones who hate air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment