To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

7t-5=10t+8-4t


With knowledge and lots of experience, I have seen that my math skills are not very good. It is like a whole new language that I will never understand. I find it completely impossible, despicable and terrible.

Why do I write of something as significant as math? Since I have math homework! I couldn't find it more horrible than that. Normally, I get to do the homework in class, and in the past, we were graphing linear inequalities. That was really easy, Now, I had to wake up again, to the equations. Oh, I do loath equations with all my life.

I have never been able to understand equations very well. Even so, I was happy since last week we were still graphing with colors and numbers that were in their place, not having to change them and wish they were okay. I also don't have a very good experience with them either.

The scene:
It was the first quarter of the year, way back in October. We were doing equations. We had quarter tests due. I was in India. What could I do? At least the teacher send me the test by e-mail, but were will I get the time to do a test in a trip? So it was I, with my sisters at my back trying to help me (or doing everything as I stared dumbfounded at the computer, but this just stays in this post). Like twenty questions of equations, and the fireworks exploding outside since it was Diwali. At least there was air conditioning.

Back in the present, I wasn't worried since it already happened, like that was before, this is now.So there was no worry since we wouldn't look at it for a long time. Now it seems that I was wrong.

Some other great experiences s with science equations. Who knew science also involved so many numbers? Chemistry couldn't be more confusing. It is I, looking hopelessly at the exam, full of equations waiting to be balanced. Some people say:
People: Yeah, it is so easy.
Me: Oh, yeah, extremely easy.
I usually don't have any idea of what I did. Especially when everyone else is doing it makes a lot of sense, and when it comes up to me, the whole thing turns into a gigantic number hole.

I would just think, don't worry, who cares how much HCl is needed to make a acid base reaction. It is not that I am planning to be a scientist, or suddenly think every time I have a spoonful of sugar (C6+H12+O6) can make cellulose which is wood (C6+H12+O6=6CO2+6H2O)and actually think that it is balanced (which by the way, it is balance). So, its just been a headache since, math is for life. "You use math in EVERYTHING", and it is true. I still hope the career I choose may not have so many numbers, or at least, equations.


By the way, the equation at the title is meant to find t. It is not that hard so don't think I am that stupid. Anyways, I dint think that someone so bored or without a life will intend to solve it all.

t=13.






No comments:

Post a Comment