To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Sunday, February 21, 2010

At Last, I'm done


Finally, after three whole days of hard competition, I am done. It was really frustrating and horrible! I think my muscles forgot the chip of competition style. Its been a really hard weekend and I am really tired. Every muscle in mu body aches and my brain is about to shut down. Anyways, I did well. At this period of time, swimming training is really long. The most miles you swim each day the better. So the results I'm competition are relevant. It also didn't mention that it was the first tournament of the year, so it is hard.

Since they told us about two weeks ago about the tournament, I was already nervous. I had remembered how I felt swimming in the nationals in my session round. I couldn't feel my legs, but I did feel a lot of pain. My arms couldn't go much faster, the wall was even farther and each breathe stung as thousands of bees inside my throat. So I was kind of scared that I should feel it again.

We started on Friday with a normal session like 100m freestyle. It is one of my laps that I should always be thinking of. When we presented to the judge and started doing my last nervous stretching. My swimsuit was killing me! It is those kinds of swimsuits that you spend at least half an hour to put it one. So I get on the platform and look at the pool. When the whistle is blown, I leap off as hard as I can. I started swimming as hard as I could, trying to not stay focus and to stop thinking. Seriously, ever time I focus of getting a low time, I usually end up getting a very high one. So I turn and realize that the girls were ahead. So I start going as fast as I could. I already forgot what happened, but I didn't end up really happy.

The other day, it was 200m freestyle. I was kind of sad for Friday's session, so I was really nervous. I stretched until I almost lost an arm. Again on top of the platform, but this time it was much more better. I was in the last heat of fifteen and over. ( I was competing against girls with sixteen years and much more...way more). I was again on the place of pain, and only hearing my desperate breathes. I arrived and felt so happy to realize that I did do it very well. While I was putting my clothes back one, they said I won second place! (oh, I just realized I forgot to get my medal :( ).

Even though I didn't do my best time (because at this period times are relevant) I had won second place. I had swam with girls in the armed force. I heard them saying that their training was form 4:00 in the morning to 6:00am. Then they had military classes or something like that and from 3:00 to 8: 30 it was all swimming. They swim about 7000 kilometers per day. That doesn't include ground work or weight training. Instead, my training is embarrassing. We just swim about one hour and a half with only 3000 kilometers if we are lucky. I think our training is just their warm up. Still, I am competing and winning against them. What would happen if I did train?

That afternoon, it was 400m freestyle. If you didn't know, my style is freestyle. I was really nervous because it was my second time, and I was again in the last heat with those military girls. I felt small and puny against them. I was so scared that I would be the one to arrive last. It was long, but it was cool. I swam as I knew how to. My arms would go really far and the water would rush through my body. I ended up really happy, and tired.

Sunday morning, 200m breastroke! Many people imagine it is the easiest style, believe me, it is not. Swimming breastroke is even harder than butterfly, way harder. You go so slow, but at the same time you have to go fast, get my point? So I swam the first 150m great. It was smooth, but hard. In the last lap, I couldn't go any faster, but I still continued as hard as I could even though I didn't have energy. I was in the last heat, and breastroke is not my style. I didn't even train for it. I remembered on Thursday that I had to swim it. Anyways, it was great and I did great.

Lastly, right after, we had 50m freestyle. It may be the shortest, but it is one of the hardest. Being short makes it a problem. When you have to go at full speed, in the first which is already the last lap you just get warmed up. I did okay, but I was extremely happy that it was now over.

No comments:

Post a Comment