To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Monday, February 22, 2010

Crappy Birthday


There is nothing worse than a birthday, specially with my family. You may think that at least you get lots of presents and get to eat cake. It is also a very special day were you are the center of attraction because: its your birthday. I forgot to mention the fact the you also get older and have less years to live. Wo-Ho!!

With my mother's family, a birthday couldn't be so fun. They all come to our house with their dirty shoes and hypocrite smiles just saying, "who was the one of the birthday?". Usually I just have to say its me, smile back with all the joy of the world: because it is my birthday and then walk out with my heart broken. Well, at least you have presents: wrong! They always say, ups, I forgot your present, Ill buy it next time, or they just act as if they didn't forget who's birthday is or why are they here. The only purpose is to socialize or being with my grandfather.

I am glad that my birthday was long time ago, but today is my elder sister's birthday. She turns eight-teen, so it is a much more special occasion to go and eat cake. I don't like to attend the people and if you want more coke or food. I am glad that ours is just a family reunion, but they are like twenty! There is also the idea, that they are coming to our house, which I utterly detest.

At the moment of the singing, there is the eldest cousin, which aspires to be a singer. Near her, is my aunt, who aspires to be young, and also another singer. Then, there is my 94 year old grandfather, which has to sing. So there is a series of horrible, frustrating and exaggerating singing. Until I think the hell is over, it just begun. They sing another Mexican Happy Birthday, and then the Colombian again, which is a mix of a Spanglish Happy Birthday. After singing about the third Happy Birthday, they blow the candles out. It is time for my annoying little cousins who spit at the candles. My sister and I always have to watch carefully, to know which side is not infected by their slimy little mouths.

Another aunt, who's head looks like the dirty fire, her mocking smile just pronounces terror, and her face just grosses me out. Before the cake, she goes to it's secret sanctuary and puts her licked finger in it. Then, we all wonder, who must be the one who did it? She is the one to cut down the cake, but is not very pretty. She sticks her finger on the falling piece, she licks the knife and spoon before serving another, it totally gross me out. Is horrible, and no one stops her! I always try to not look because you live happily being ignorant.

They eat what they can, and they don't even bring a present. That is just great. Even if they brought a present, it is cheap and ugly, just like in Christmas. Who said that birthday's mean presents, it should be about love and caring of a person who is getting older and will die soon. There is not even happiness in the air. I just hate birthdays in our house, I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but i'll have to diagree with the las five words of the 5th paragraph. "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorace" - Sócrates

    ReplyDelete