To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ending with a Black Eye


This happened some time ago. As one of my greatest experiences while doing a sport, there is always a fall. Winter vacations were almost over, since we don't have seasons, it is kind of weird saying it. Even so, we went to our vacation house, or apartment in other words. It is in a club named El Peñon. It is the place we had always been since I was fifteen days of being born.

In El Peñon, there is such cool stuff to do. Since it is located in semi-tropical climate, it is really hot. (Extremely hot!). It is like a hell hole since it is between two mountains. There is no wind, but there is a very concentrated sun with the mission of frying us all.

Anyways, it is were we usually spend our vacation. It is the perfect place to ride in golf carts for hours and still, not getting bored. At least, there is even more to do, specially with my father's extreme spirit. We go out to skate, but it is a ride to all of the club, and sure it is big. Back toward my father's spirit if adventure, the trip is way more longer and way harder. The trip starts at least at 12:00m, the hottest and hardest time if the day, were the sun penetrates your skin and meanwhile, dehydrates your brain making you insane. Or, there is also the ride of 7:00pm, were all the drunk teens are ready to rock on (again) and the people who are getting out of church. I also missed the fact that it is dark, and I, being short sighted, can't see anything. As we try to pass through the cars and the idiots who would start whistling, we had made it alive, most of the time.

My great story starts on the 12:00m trip. We started our skating. It all went pretty well, even though my legs couldn't bear it much longer since the ride had still a long way to go. I had realized that the streets were kind of worn out, since there were many house constructions, and there were lots of rocks.
Note: rocks are deadly if you are skating.

So there was I, at 100km/h in my great skates which sadly were now too short. As the sweat dripped through my forhead, my legs burning in agony, and my head about to explode. I was going so fast when suddenly, OH SHOOT!, and I fell flat against the hard floor. I just felt how my cheek crashed against the hot pavement, and how my shoulder had stopped the fall. I stood up as fast as I could. Ignoring the pain in my head and my shoulder, I went as fast as I could to my father in the golf cart. He may have a spirit of adventure, but he also has conscience of our safety.

We went back home to clean the wound. My cheekbone began to swell, I even thought it was broken since it ached like hell. As I got all washed up, I had to burn my face with ice so I wouldn't have a cold sore in my eye. Unfortunately, I ended up as if I had gotten in a fight and ended up with a black eye. Too bad school was about to begin, and my whole body and face scraped, could be something to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment