To be or not to be ... a couch potato

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Highway to Hell



Like if the picture of the bus could be so happy. The little kids eager to go to school and the bus driver eager to take them. They are all so happy, no matter how squashed they look. They don't even care if the bus is about to tumble.

My bus picks me up at 6:20 in the bus stop. Forgetting the fact that I have to go to school, until now everything is fine. As I get on half asleep, the most important thing is to find a good seat near the window. If I'm lucky, I can sit alone, if not, then, there is the big guy who will fall asleep on top of me. It has happened several times, it is not fun. I just put my head phones and trying not to think of anything else.
Today, well today was a very special day! I'd never had such an experience. As I got on the bus, behind all my neighbors, I realized that I had to sit beside someone since I was the last to get on. I had two options, sit beside the guy whose reaction if I sit beside him wouldn't know, or with a girl that was almost at the front. I chose to go safe since I imagined my experience with that evil guy.
Me: Sorry, may I sit here?
Evil Guy: Cant you see there are more seats around?
Only that sentence could feel like a punch in the face. So I decided to sit beside the girl. For the moment, the ride was as normal as always, I would always hear the same music. When it was almost half the route, a very awkward thing happened. I realized, the bus lady was heading towards the first aid kit. My question: What could have happened?
She started taking plastic bags out and some wet wipes. I was about three seats away from the action.
My first thought was, " Oh, a little kid must have spilled his juice in his bag, nothing to worry about". I continued watching, and the bus lady would continue getting more and more wipes and bags. Then, I got really worried since the bus lady started opening the windows. It took me some time, I realized it. A stupid little kid had just puked in the bus!
No, no, why, why! Since I had my ear phones on, I couldn't hear anything, and I was glad to. Even so, I would put the maximum volume, almost exploding my ears just to not hear the disgusting sounds of vomiting. I continued thinking, why didn't I sit beside the evil guy, why? It was sign, I should have taken the seat next to him! I tried to ignore the smell, but it is impossible. I didn't want to puke myself too, so I had to stop breathing. Most of the people just say, why don't you breath through your mouth? Well, it was disgusting!
As we finally arrived, my lungs burning in agony, I tried to get off the damn bus. I saw the little culprit, who was not little at all. It was like a boy in sixth grade. Damn you! He was there with his bag. It smelled horrible. Unfortunately, there was a bag in the middle, and taking off the bus was complicated. The boy standing there as if nothing had happened, and the puked floor, and the horrible smell. As I finally got off, I couldn't be happier to arrive to school.
The last little kid puking experience had been so long ago, I had forgotten how horrible it was.
Note: Parents, never give scrambled eggs to kids who get dizzy so easily. It is not cool!
Note: Why do they have to use transparent plastic bags to clean the vomit? When they take the bag, we can see all the breakfast in it! Its just disgusting!

1 comment:

  1. No te iamginas...casi me muero de la risa leyendo la historia. No me acordaba quer habia sido tan chistoso, o por lo menos lo escribiste muy chistoso.

    ReplyDelete